If we believe some of the latest scientific research on sleep, then we knew that effects of dreams have likely puzzled Earth’s creatures for hundreds or millions of years. But humankind has promoted a unique and lasting fascination with dreaming. Yet, there remains much more about dreams and their underpinnings that we simply don’t know or understand and we learn a lot more all the time. Here are the ten facts you might didn’t know about dreams:
1. There is a science dedicated to the study of dreams: the study of dreams is known as Oneirology, this is the science of dreams.
2. Dream Interpretation has been around for a long, long time: the practice of dream interpretation had been in swing for thousands of years.
3. Everyone tends to dream about the same things: it is like everyone thinks that they dream something different but the fact is most people dreams the same things.
4. And yes, pretty most everyone dreams about sex: it is a type of fantasy and pleasure so dreaming of it is so normal.
5. Dreams can be a sad, scary place: psychologists have proven that majority of the dreams contains similar thematic elements.
6. Not everyone dreams in color: a research has showed that majority of people actually used to dream in black and white.
7. People trying to kick a smoking habit tend to experience more vivid dreams: it has seen that people who has dropped the smoking habit experiences rough dreams.
8. Your motor neurons cease to be stimulated during REM sleep, leaving you paralyzed: this is the condition where your body reaches in the stage of full relaxation.
9. Several other species experience complex brain activity during sleep: many things and activities during sleep are associated with brain and many animals also experience this.
10. Our understanding of dreams remains very limited.